hello, sweets! yesterday we completed our 36 hour cross country drive back to california from north carolina (whew!). as we pulled up in our drive, i found myself thankful for our little homestead and intoxicated by the warmth of the sunshine and light breeze that filled the air. we miss our family deeply in north carolina, but for the time being, i couldn’t ask for a more glorious place to live.
as i begin the daunting task of unpacking from our trip, i can’t help but still be giddy over the Christmas gifts everyone gave us. unpacking them from our suitcase is just as fun as unwrapping them was the first time.
a majority of the gifts that we both gave and received this year were handmade (my favorite!), but today i wanted to share with you a few of my favorite non-handmade gifts that i both gave and received. i’ll photograph the handmade ones as i unpack them today and make room for them in their new home, and will hopefully share those with you tomorrow. until then, here are a few of my new favorite items!
1. my new pantone color books– sigh. i love them!
3. my favorite bluetooth device (i had lost one several months ago, not sure how i survived without!).
4. i received this tea botanical glass drinking vessel. it’s double walled, perfect for either water or hot drinks. it even comes with a tea strainer so you can use loose leafed tea!
6. print and pattern 2– so much inspiration are held within these pages.
1. organic mi-bras with cell phone pockets for everyone!
2. everyone got a pair of hand painted earrings from eleanor joseph.
3. i gave david this tranquil forest coffee mug, (actually two of them, since he broke the first one the day he got it). we love drinking coffee out of ceramic mugs!
4. my sister got this NLT study bible– it’s my favorite version and the front of it is so pretty.
5. i gave my sister in law this handmade mail organizer, it arrived in perfect condition and makes her entry way so darling!
6. everyone got glass straws this year, and i made a little wool pouch for each of them. i’ve used mine several times now, and i love taking it out at restaurants!
what is your favorite gift from this year?